JOY

Real contentment has nothing to do with either prosperity or poverty. Contentment is an inside job, the result of knowing God and living life against the backdrop of eternity.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

hands of time

1. I can't believe it's already April.
2. I am extremely excited about my upcoming visitors and Semana Santa! (holy week)
3. I am constantly blown away by the Lord's perfect timing.

Conversation:
Me: Yeah, I got this under control, me, myself and I, I RUN THIS!
God: Ha. No you don't.
Me: What? Yes I do. I'm the jam.
God: BOOM. Roasted.
Me: Aw, snap. You're right.
God: See? I told you so. I got your back and I'm so intentional with your heart because I love you.

My prayer since last year has been that, 1. I would draw closer to God and 2. That He would reveal to me a pure and holy passion. He is faithful and it was right under my nose for a solid few months until I realized it. After contemplating several (more like 13) different ideas and desires for "life after Roatan" I stumbled upon a dream job. The application took months and after several scratchy phone interviews, I was offered the position last week. HALLELUJAH! Kelly and I jumped up and down for a solid 10 minutes, celebrated by drinking coffee and then jumped up and down again when she received an acceptance email to her sought after teaching position in Spain!!! CELEBRATIONS.

Austin, Texas, you better get ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment