JOY

Real contentment has nothing to do with either prosperity or poverty. Contentment is an inside job, the result of knowing God and living life against the backdrop of eternity.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

tap it


"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." [matthew 25:35]

First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone who contributed their prayers, love and support towards the Los Fuertes Family house build. We raised all $9,500 from 77 donors and I can't tell you how exciting it was to check our fundraising website daily to see new gifts pouring in. The month of March crept up so quickly and yesterday morning we began to lay the floor, beginning the foundation of the new home.

Working with Antonio and Giovanni was awesome, they showed us the rules and assembly like system to nailing (CLAVO! DALE!)


Our sweet mother of the home, Juliana, was so hospitable and liked to feed us grape soda. We kindly accepted and then asked for lots and lots of agua.

OH JUST SO MUCH LOVE!!!
It was a beautiful morning, we finished in about 3.5 hours. All of the little children were running around, dancing in the breeze and eating fresh mangos.

I have never seen or felt so much exuding joy from one amazing family. I still can't believe we have the opportunity to help build them a new life.

Mucho mucho amor...

No comments:

Post a Comment