JOY

Real contentment has nothing to do with either prosperity or poverty. Contentment is an inside job, the result of knowing God and living life against the backdrop of eternity.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

To Texas I go

I can't believe the school year is almost over. I've been having so much fun with my students. I am trying to remember what is truly meaningful and squeezing out my last bit of love toward these amazing children of God.

I think I've learned more from them than they have learned from me. I love the fact that I can be so open and honest with them about everything. Being able to share my walk with Jesus and then see them walking with Jesus has been incredibly inspiring. I just found out that one of my 10th graders will be living in Austin next year and going to a high school that I will be servicing with College Forward! Awesome to see who the Lord has intentionally placed in our lives and that I can continue to pour into her as we both venture to the great state of Texas.

I haven't publicly announced my move but I recently accepted a position with Americorps! I will be working for a non-profit called College Forward where I will be assisting disadvantaged juniors and seniors in high school get into college. I am so excited about this new endeavor and God inspired opportunity. The Lord revealed to me that I still have a strong passion for higher education and college access after many of my seniors came to me asking for SAT prep help and general college questions.

If you know any connections in Austin, let me know! I'll be there in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment